Complete Champions Reception 2021
Thank you to the hundreds who donated, participated, pledged, and prayed for our Complete Champions Reception on November 4, 2023. With your generosity and support we raised $862,000 NET!
- No categories
The purpose of the Spartan Alumni Committee is to help reconnect, re-establish and build relationships between the Spartan alumni, as well as between the current athletes and alumni. Our goal is to develop a consistent, effective and sustainable Spartan Alumni program together with the varsity coach athletic staff, and TWU alumni department.
Spartan Alumni Committee Members
The committee is made up of eight Spartan alumni sport coordinators /representatives and also includes some general alumni reps:
Gary Lutes | TWU Grad’89 – MVB
Steve Scholz | TWU Grad ’90 – MSOC | Spartan Foundation Rep
Julie Ratzlaff | TWU Grad ’95 – WBB | TWU Athletics Rep/Team Lead
There is one sport coordinator for each current varsity sport and for previous varsity sports:
- Men’s Soccer – Alan Alderson (1988)
- Women’s Soccer – Angela Gahan (Trauter) (2006)
- Men’s Basketball – Lance Verhoeff (2011)
- Women’s Basketball – Corina Reimer (2011) & Stephanie Mason (1996)
- Men’s Volleyball – Derek Thiessen (2014) & Josh Doornenbal (2011)
- Women’s Volleyball – Saralyn Stell (2008)
- Track & Field – Ivonne Zuniga Padilla (2015)
- Men’s Hockey – Chris Wiens (1998)
- Men’s Rugby – TBA (open for nominations)
These Sport Coordinators will recruit various “Sport ERA” coordinators in order to have representation from all the “eras” of Spartan history. In turn, this group strategizes and coordinates alumni events and helps communicate Spartan Foundation and Spartan Athletic news and information.
Senior Appreciation at Trading Post Eatery April 2023 for our graduating seniors, welcoming them all into the “Spartan Alumni Club”
April 2023 Awards Gala for graduating Seniors